It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC 3.0 is Compatable with WID 7.0(Its giving Error)

Ramesh Baddam (11) | asked Mar 10 '11, 8:00 a.m.
Dear All,

I was trying to install RTC 3.0 into Websphere Integration Developer 7.0.But its giving the below error.

Installing Rational Team Concert - Client for Eclipse IDE 3.0 is not allowed in this package group; it is not compatible with IBM WebSphere Integration Developer 7.0.0.0. It may be installed in a different package group.

Is RTC3.0 is not compatible wtih WID 7.0.. is there any way to install RTC3.0 with WID 7.0

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 10 '11, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

the error below says it is not compatible, I think. WID 7.0 is compatible with RTC2.x as per the documentation. I can only guess that WID 7.0 is based on an Eclipse version that RTC 2.x supports and RTC3 no longer supports.

Ralph

Dear All,

I was trying to install RTC 3.0 into Websphere Integration Developer 7.0.But its giving the below error.

Installing Rational Team Concert - Client for Eclipse IDE 3.0 is not allowed in this package group; it is not compatible with IBM WebSphere Integration Developer 7.0.0.0. It may be installed in a different package group.

Is RTC3.0 is not compatible wtih WID 7.0.. is there any way to install RTC3.0 with WID 7.0

permanent link
Brian Freeman (211) | answered Mar 31 '11, 9:53 a.m.
When can we expect a workaround or fix for this? We're currently using WID 7 and want to move forward with RTC 3.0 asap.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 31 '11, 10:07 a.m.
Hi,

I can't find any hint which Eclipse version WID 7 is using. You can probably find that out better.

Here is the WID compatibility List http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21390756

RTC 3 supports 3.5/3.6 as of http://jazz.net/library/article/496. For other products such as RSA version 8.x is required for compatibility with RTC 3. So this is really a question that WID development has to answer, if it really is caused by WID being on Eclipse 3.3/3.4.

Ralph

When can we expect a workaround or fix for this? We're currently using WID 7 and want to move forward with RTC 3.0 asap.

permanent link
Brian Freeman (211) | answered Mar 31 '11, 10:11 a.m.
Thanks for you quick reply. So there are no plans to build an RTC 3.0 client that is compatible with older versions of Eclipse?

Thanks,
Brian

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 31 '11, 10:50 a.m.
Hi Brian,

no, not that I am aware of. An RTC release usually supports the latest two available Eclipse versions available when going GA.

You could always create a work item however.

Ralph

Thanks for you quick reply. So there are no plans to build an RTC 3.0 client that is compatible with older versions of Eclipse?

Thanks,
Brian

permanent link
aa aa (4166) | answered Apr 11 '11, 6:29 a.m.
Is there any plugin or adapter to help us integrate RTC 3.0 with WID? Because the 3.0 release is kinda useless for the Process Server Developers.

In our company we use both RSA and WID, and we decided to upgrade to RTC 3.0, but the integration with WID is a blocking issue. There has to be a solution.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Apr 11 '11, 7:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there any plugin or adapter to help us integrate RTC 3.0 with WID? Because the 3.0 release is kinda useless for the Process Server Developers.

In our company we use both RSA and WID, and we decided to upgrade to RTC 3.0, but the integration with WID is a blocking issue. There has to be a solution.

You may be able to use the commandline to use RTC 3 with WID. This is the only practical option until WID upgrades to more recent versions of Eclipse. By no means ideal - but if you could raise this as an enhancement request with the WID team (via a PMR if you have access to IBM support) - that would help.

anthony

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 11 '11, 7:44 a.m.
Hi,

what you could try is install WID7 and RTC3 side by side. You could import the WID projects in one Eclipse and have them used in another. After refresh the RTC Client SCM can be used to manage the files. This allows using RTC SCM and work items while doing the work in WID. This mode has been used in the past in conditions like that.

Other than that I don't see many options.

Ralph

permanent link
aa aa (4166) | answered Apr 12 '11, 4:24 a.m.
Hi,

what you could try is install WID7 and RTC3 side by side. You could import the WID projects in one Eclipse and have them used in another. After refresh the RTC Client SCM can be used to manage the files. This allows using RTC SCM and work items while doing the work in WID. This mode has been used in the past in conditions like that.

Other than that I don't see many options.

Ralph

Thanks for the solution Ralph. It is not a very friendly method, but it works.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 12 '11, 5:03 a.m.

Thanks for the solution Ralph. It is not a very friendly method, but it works.

Yes, it is not a very user friendly solution, unfortunately. I am glad it is working for you, however.

Thanks,

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.