It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not all dependent RPG programs build

Mihael Schmidt (5154) | asked Mar 10 '11, 3:01 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 3:50 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hi,

I have made a change to a module which is part of a service program. The service program is used/bound to 12 other programs. But on a build with the mentioned change only 5 dependent programs are recompiled.

Why?

The not compiled programs do have a known dependency. It is shown when I use the Impact Analysis on the changed module in the iProject Navigator -> Show files which depend on this file.

Mihael

3 answers

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Mar 28 '11, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have made a change to a module which is part of a service program. The service program is used/bound to 12 other programs. But on a build with the mentioned change only 5 dependent programs are recompiled.

Why?

The not compiled programs do have a known dependency. It is shown when I use the Impact Analysis on the changed module in the iProject Navigator -> Show files which depend on this file.

Mihael

Hi Mihael,
Are the impacted MODULEs being built correctly, just not bound into a PGM?

How are you binding your *SRVPGM and *PGMs in the buildspec? E.g. do you have Builders for each SRVPGM/PGM, which identify the dependent modules in either the Inputs specification or the Resource Dependency specification?

-Sean-

permanent link
Mihael Schmidt (5154) | answered Mar 29 '11, 4:53 a.m.
Hi,

Why?

Mihael

Hi Mihael,
Are the impacted MODULEs being built correctly, just not bound into a PGM?

How are you binding your *SRVPGM and *PGMs in the buildspec? E.g. do you have Builders for each SRVPGM/PGM, which identify the dependent modules in either the Inputs specification or the Resource Dependency specification?

-Sean-

Hi,

the program and service programs have entries for building in the buildspec. There is a seperate build program entry for the service program where two modules are set as input. The programs have one generic build program entry.

I just tried to reconstruct the problem. Changed the module for the service program again and did a build. Now much more programs are build. But there are programs build which are not listed as a dependent object and some are still not build. This doesn't seem very stable. It is a bit frustrating.

Mihael

permanent link
jeff tickner (51710) | answered Sep 12 '12, 4:03 p.m.
 Alternate dependency build tool specifically for the i and RTC
http://public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/ecm/en/rab14064usen/RAB14064USEN.PDF

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.