It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disabling temporarily email notification

Andrés Guerrero (20613218) | asked Mar 08 '11, 4:26 a.m.
Hi all,
We are executing some massive updates on our RAM server (7.2.0.1).
Is there a secure way for disabling email notification temporarily?

I know that is possible to misconfigure the smtp server or just not configure any server at all, but I'm not sure of what is going to happen when I configure it properly again.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Andres

2 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Mar 08 '11, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you configure an invalid address for the smtp server or the configured smtp server can not be reached, RAM will add emails to a queue and send them at a later time when the smtp server is available. If you do not configure an smtp server (you do not have any text in the 'SMTP server' field on the configuration page) RAM will not queue emails. This method of removing the server from the RAM configuration is probably the best way to temporarily disable email from RAM

permanent link
Andrés Guerrero (20613218) | answered Mar 08 '11, 10:31 a.m.
Ok!,
Thank you for your help.

Regards

Andrs

If you configure an invalid address for the smtp server or the configured smtp server can not be reached, RAM will add emails to a queue and send them at a later time when the smtp server is available. If you do not configure an smtp server (you do not have any text in the 'SMTP server' field on the configuration page) RAM will not queue emails. This method of removing the server from the RAM configuration is probably the best way to temporarily disable email from RAM

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.