It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using timesheet as table?

Jorge Diaz (8664434) | asked Feb 03 '11, 6:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

is there any possibility of reusing the table contained in the timesheet table? I would like to use it as a kind of regular matrix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jorge.

2 answers

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Feb 06 '11, 8:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

instead of just trying to use directly the timesheet table, I'm trying the approach of contributing an attribute presenation which will implement a table.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentations#Contributing_to_the_Work_Item_Ed

The Time Tracking Table feature seems to use the class TimeSheetTableHelper which uses the org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table class. However, in trying to follow a similar approach I can't use this helper class and also, in looking for a way to just provision the presentation with a custom table (like in the wiki article with a Button), I haven't seen a method in WorkItemEditorToolkit class to do it.

Is this customization something I can do? Or is it not customizable via API?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Andre Weinand (4811) | answered Feb 16 '11, 5:36 a.m.
Jorge,

The WorkItemEditorToolkit is just a factory that creates often used widgets and applies some standard styles. Yes, there is no method for creating a Table but this does not prevent you from creating an SWT Table yourself and initializing it in a similar way as the factory does.

Cheers,
--andre

Andre Weinand
Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.