It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is possible open RQM (v2.0.1.1) in RTC Client(v3.0)

Hector Agudo (4622) | asked Jan 26 '11, 11:21 a.m.
Hello

I need to confirm if we could open RQM(v2.0.1.1) connection from RTC Client Eclipse(v3.0)

I try it and RTC Client show error message becose It exists a version conflict. PLEASE, if somebody can open connection of RQM 2.0.1.1 with RTC Client v3.0 i hope he/she publish how do it

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 26 '11, 4:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello

I need to confirm if we could open RQM(v2.0.1.1) connection from RTC Client Eclipse(v3.0)

I try it and RTC Client show error message becose It exists a version conflict. PLEASE, if somebody can open connection of RQM 2.0.1.1 with RTC Client v3.0 i hope he/she publish how do it

Thanks

Hi Hector

It is not clear what you are trying to do. If you are trying to use the RTC Eclipse client to access a RQM repository (and look at its content) - I don't think that will work.

Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do and we can help.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Hector Agudo (4622) | answered Jan 27 '11, 5:24 a.m.
Hi Anthony

I need to know if is possible open RQM Repository(v2.0.1.1) with RTC Client (v3.0). The because is to management a Project Area more quickly and more efficient

regards

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 27 '11, 7:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hector,

I just checked it is not working. You need to use a RTC 2.0.0.2 client.

Ralph

Hi Anthony

I need to know if is possible open RQM Repository(v2.0.1.1) with RTC Client (v3.0). The because is to management a Project Area more quickly and more efficient

regards

permanent link
Hector Agudo (4622) | answered Jan 27 '11, 8:03 a.m.
Hi

Thank you very much.

I have another question. Is posible integrate RTC v3.0 with RQM v2.0.1.1(the latest RELEASE of those products ) in the same machine. Note: both are configured to use different ports?

regards

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 27 '11, 8:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hector,

this scenario works for us in demo setups. I think for some reasons we suggest to use different machines for production.

I am not aware of all the reasons why but one reason is, that if you used the same URI Root, especially the same host name you can't split servers up anymore later. Even for demo purposes we use different host aliases to make the URI Root unique for each server. E.g. the RTC3 URI root for JTS is https://rtc-server:xxxx:/jts for CCM https://rtc-server:xxxx:/ccm and for RQM https://rqm-server:yyyy:/jts...

You would basically have to install the products in parallel and make sure to change the ports of one of the tomcat instances. You'd provide an alias for both servers etc.

Ralph

Hi

Thank you very much.

I have another question. Is posible integrate RTC v3.0 with RQM v2.0.1.1(the latest RELEASE of those products ) in the same machine. Note: both are configured to use different ports?

regards

permanent link
Hector Agudo (4622) | answered Jan 27 '11, 11:02 a.m.
hi Ralph

I'll try it

Thanks and regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.