It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0.0.2 and WAS 7.0.0.13 compatible?

Luis Carlos Silva (1122) | asked Dec 14 '10, 10:52 a.m.
Hi,

I am currently trying to run the setup wizard for RQM 2.0.0.2 iFix5 and I found the following error inside jazz.log:

14:40:02,574 FATAL com.ibm.team.scm - CRRTC5012E The Java Virtual Machine of the application server is not supported by Jazz Source Control. Please upgrade to a more recent virtual machine (the one packaged with Rational Team Concert).
14:40:02,589 ERROR ository.common.transport.AbstractElementDescriptor - Plug-in "com.ibm.team.scm.service" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService".
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.ibm.team.scm.service" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService".
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:180)
Caused by:
java.lang.RuntimeException: The Java Virtual Machine of the application server is not supported by Jazz Source Control. Please upgrade to a more recent virtual machine (the one packaged with Rational Team Concert).
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.checkVM(VersionedContentService.java:151)
at com.ibm.team.scm.service.internal.content.VersionedContentService.<init>(VersionedContentService.java:230)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1325)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:170)
... 101 more

Is RQM incompatible with WAS 7.0.0.13 JVM?

If so, how can I upgrade to a more recent virtual machine like the one packaged with RQM as the message says?

Any help will be great.

Best regards,

Luis

One answer

permanent link
Luis Carlos Silva (1122) | answered Dec 14 '10, 1:12 p.m.
ok, here is the deal...

Thanks to a good friend from support I found there's a WAS SDK fix pack that must be applied.

Unfortunately all the documentation says it shoudl be applied to WAS 7.0, 7.0.0.1 and 7.0.0.3 but there's no mention to 7.0.0.7 and 7.0.0.13.

If you have WAS 7.0.0.X without this fix pack you will find your WAS JVM version to be 1.6 SR2.

The fix pack will update your JVM to 1.6 SR4 which seems to be the minimum necessary to run RQM and probably any Jazz based tool.

Here goes the link for the Rational technote:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21391790

and for the Websphere technote (compatible with WAS 7.0.0.X):

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg24023284

I hope this will help anyone who faces the same problem as me.

Best regards,

Luis

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.