It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC V3.0 - eclipse client - remove workspace component

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Dec 02 '10, 12:15 p.m.
I have a repository workspace that flows with a stream and I have two components. I want to end up with two separate repository workspaces - each with one component. To get rid of one of the components in my workspace I have two choices - 1) right mouse click on the component from my team artifacts view and select "Delete" - or - 2) open up the workspace definition and select the component I want to get rid of and select te "Remove" button.

What is the right way? I don't want to end up removing or deleting either component from a stream - just want to end up with a workspace with only one component

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Dec 02 '10, 4:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a repository workspace that flows with a stream and I have two components. I want to end up with two separate repository workspaces - each with one component. To get rid of one of the components in my workspace I have two choices - 1) right mouse click on the component from my team artifacts view and select "Delete" - or - 2) open up the workspace definition and select the component I want to get rid of and select te "Remove" button.

What is the right way? I don't want to end up removing or deleting either component from a stream - just want to end up with a workspace with only one component
Either way is correct. They both remove the component from your workspace. You can always add the component to the workspace later on.

If the workspace is collaborating with the stream that has both components, you may want to use the workspace editor (or workspace definition as you call it) to edit the flow so the workspace only flows the component that the workspace has in its configuration. That way Pending Changes won't show incoming component additions from the stream.

permanent link
Daniil Kasyanov (61) | answered Feb 24 '11, 2:25 a.m.
Hi

I am not an administrator of the jazz. And I just started to investigate RTC.

I have created stream, Repository and Component. After that I have deleted them all.

But in "My Repository Workspaces" -> Components they are remained, how can I delete them?

Regards

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 25 '11, 1:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently, you cannot. Work item 93126 requests the ability to do so.
Please feel free to add a comment to that work item to indicate your
interest/support.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/24/2011 2:38 AM, daniil wrote:
Hi

I am not an administrator of the jazz. And I just started to
investigate RTC.

I have created stream, Repository and Component. After that I have
deleted them all.

But in "My Repository Workspaces" -> Components they are
remained, how can I delete them?

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.