It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 Save files

James Cole (632) | asked Dec 01 '10, 7:57 a.m.
Having downloaded RTC 3.0 and looking at the installation guide, it would appear that the 'installing the build system toolkit on IBM i' is pointing to an earlier version.

It mentions that the save file is 'B5724Z01' and this is not in my downloads.

However, I do have a 'K5733JTS.sav', which I cannot find mentioned in the infocenter.

Can anyone advise?

5 answers

permanent link
Laura Venturini (661138) | answered Dec 03 '10, 10:54 a.m.
The save file mentioned as B5724Z01 was the build system for RTCp 2.0...

And the installation guide is not very clear about the steps to follow (at least, I've followed the steps but the setup failed)

permanent link
Gregory Jennings (11) | answered Dec 03 '10, 11:10 a.m.
I'm having the same problem. The files that I downloaded are the same files mentioned by Cole. They seem to be for the purpose of installing the JTC Server on iSeries. There is also a save file which the documentation refers to as 'context aware search engine'. None of these files appear to be the build engine.

Does anyone have the answer ?

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Dec 03 '10, 3:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are correct, the B5724Z01 is the RTC Power 2.0 save file. The infocenter needs to be updated.

Here are more recent instructions on the wiki that has more details and lists the correct save files you need to use from the RTC 3.0 download for IBM i:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCPowerBSTInstall

For reference, here is the general wiki page with more details on the IBM i specific features in 3.0 (some of these pages are still in the process of being updated from earlier drivers):

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCpHome

permanent link
Wasana Pansakul (6) | answered Dec 22 '10, 12:21 a.m.
Having downloaded RTC 3.0 and looking at the installation guide, it would appear that the 'installing the build system toolkit on IBM i' is pointing to an earlier version.

It mentions that the save file is 'B5724Z01' and this is not in my downloads.

However, I do have a 'K5733JTS.sav', which I cannot find mentioned in the infocenter.

Can anyone advise?

Hi, Cole

K5733JTS.sav is for Build System Toolkit, first you should restore license program for B5733JTS. this save files is RTC product base and K5733TTS is product option 3.

You can download RTC-LICPGM 3.0 via jazz.net in this package will contain
B5733JTS.sav, J5733JTS, C5733JTS.sav, K5733JTS.sav and E5733JTS

permanent link
David Linigan (6) | answered Dec 23 '10, 9:28 a.m.
Thank you so much friend.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.