It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing LDAP information in "Edit User" Web view

Gary Craig (2155) | asked Sep 22 '10, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We recently updated our RTC environment to 2.0.0.2 (from 1.0.1). We are using LDAP for our authentication. All of our users are able to login and work fine.
However as Admin, going into the User Management page, I am getting an error indicating that each user is NOT found in the directory server and therefore it is also not able to show me which "groups" they are a part of.

Any idea what I have configured wrong for active authentication to work but have the Administration view appear to not be able to interact with the directory server?

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Sep 22 '10, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there anything in the server log? In theory if there is a problem fetching the data for the user editor, there should be a related exception in the log.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Sep 22 '10, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there anything in the server log? In theory if there is a problem fetching the data for the user editor, there should be a related exception in the log.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

So here is the issue
- The authentication and some authorization is done as the Application server level, using either the server.xml or the WebSphere configuration to authenticate against LDAP
- Then, if you configure LDAP as a user registry to Jazz, the user management UI is read only
- Noticed I said user registry, jazz does not fetch userid, password or group from LDAP
- SO if you can log in and all work fine, yet the User Management show the wrong groups, check the LDAP configuration in the wizard setup - ensure it is done and it is valid. If you are going against Active Directory, make sure you fill in the 'what attribute represents a user in a group' accurately... some LDAP user member, some members (notice the s)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.