It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change URL from localhost to something else

Chris Tankersley (11) | asked Sep 09 '10, 1:50 p.m.
We've set up Express-C on a CentOS 5.5 server to evaluate it. Everything looks good except that in some places the URLs point to 'localhost' instead of the server name.

This is evident when trying to get into work items via Eclipse as well. For example, I connect to my repository on the remote server and go to the 'Team Central' tab. All of my work items are listed there.

If I double-click on 'Define iterations (4)' to open it, I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:9443", which makes sense since the Jazz Team Concert server is on another box.

How do I change this?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 09 '10, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We've set up Express-C on a CentOS 5.5 server to evaluate it. Everything looks good except that in some places the URLs point to 'localhost' instead of the server name.

This is evident when trying to get into work items via Eclipse as well. For example, I connect to my repository on the remote server and go to the 'Team Central' tab. All of my work items are listed there.

If I double-click on 'Define iterations (4)' to open it, I get "The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:9443", which makes sense since the Jazz Team Concert server is on another box.

How do I change this?

Hi

Go into the WebUI and login as a Jazz admin (ADMIN/ADMIN is the default login). Select Admin on the right-hand side, then go to Server->Advanced Properties. Look for "Public URI Root" and set that to the hostname you prefer to use.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 10 '10, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could also try restarting the server, but ensure that the first access to it is done using proper, fully-qualified domain name, not localhost.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.