It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deliver Modified Files

Jack Hall (3655) | asked Jul 13 '10, 2:11 p.m.
Hello, I am having trouble getting the changes I am making to files in a change set to be carried over in to the deliver.

I have written a precondition that runs before a deliver and checks to make sure that some general book keeping comments are contained in the file. after i make the change I insert the new content in to the existing I file. Then the deliver continues on and succeeds.

The problem is that when you compare the file in the stream with the local file you notice that the changes that the precondition made are only reflected in the local file. The file in the stream remains as it did before the deliver.

My question is how to get these changes to carry over in to the deliver.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 16 '10, 4:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jack,

My best guess is the content needs to be saved before delivery.

Ralph

Hello, I am having trouble getting the changes I am making to files in a change set to be carried over in to the deliver.

I have written a precondition that runs before a deliver and checks to make sure that some general book keeping comments are contained in the file. after i make the change I insert the new content in to the existing I file. Then the deliver continues on and succeeds.

The problem is that when you compare the file in the stream with the local file you notice that the changes that the precondition made are only reflected in the local file. The file in the stream remains as it did before the deliver.

My question is how to get these changes to carry over in to the deliver.

permanent link
Jack Hall (3655) | answered Aug 04 '10, 4:01 p.m.
My solution for this can be found here. http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39968#39968

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.