It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove changeset via the command line

mark emeis (1111) | asked May 21 '10, 2:37 p.m.
I've looked through the documentation and searched this forum but can't seem to find out how to remove a changeset from a workspace via the command line (not in eclipse).

When I run the 'scm discard' command, it successfully removes the changeset. However, if I then run a 'scm status' it lists the changeset as incoming and the next accept adds the changeset back in.

Am I missing a step(s) or is this functionality not supported in the command line?

I'm running on OS/X with beta version 2.0.2

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 21 '10, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The discard will discard the change set from your workspace but the change set still exists in stream. This is the reason it is shown as incoming. If you want to discard the change set from the stream, you can replace the stream's component that has the change set with the component in your workspace. This will bring them back in sync but according to what is in your workspace.

I don't think this is supported with the command line though.

I've looked through the documentation and searched this forum but can't seem to find out how to remove a changeset from a workspace via the command line (not in eclipse).

When I run the 'scm discard' command, it successfully removes the changeset. However, if I then run a 'scm status' it lists the changeset as incoming and the next accept adds the changeset back in.

Am I missing a step(s) or is this functionality not supported in the command line?

I'm running on OS/X with beta version 2.0.2

Thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.