It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

File lock/unlock actions are always enabled regardless of lock status

Manoj Panda (39346762) | asked May 12 '10, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 06 '17, 11:10 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I am using RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix002. When I lock a file, other users are not able to deliver anything on that file even if they are able to change locally - which is right.

At the Same time I was trying to unlock the file, but I observed that both lock and unlock options are enable/active. Actually, the lock option should have been deactivate/disable in this case if the file is locked and vice versa.

Has anybody observed the same?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 20 '10, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 06 '17, 11:07 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I am on the same version and see this too. It looks like a defect, I will go ahead and file it as a defect.

anthony

Added defect at

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=114623

Please check I have explained this correctly and feel free to add your comments

As I was typing, I did think of cases where you might still want to Lock, even though the file was currently locked. If you have more than one stream, then you may only have locked on one stream, and you might need to lock on other streams.

anthony

The dev team have looked at this - and provided an explanation on why this works this way. The explanation seems very reasonable - and if anyone is interested, take a look at the defect.

anthony

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.