It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Objects after successful Build on an other System

Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | asked May 04 '10, 6:28 a.m.
Hello,
I have following conceptual formulation:
On an i-Series we develop with RTCp our software. To successful Build of the software the created objects on another i-Series should be created. How can I automate this? Above all what do I make with database files?

Nowadays functions with ADM and the Partlists in which the created objects are included.

Thanks for tips in advance.
Kind regards

Andreas

3 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 04 '10, 8:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One option would be to create a second build definition which would execute a script to do the deployment. It could be triggered at the end of the first build using the requestTeamBuild Ant task, passing any extra properties needed via the overridePropertiesFile attribute. For more details, see the doc for this task in the Jazz Build Ant Task Reference topic in the RTC client Help.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered May 04 '10, 8:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
> Above all what do I make with database files?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how to gain access to the built artifacts from the first build?

> Nowadays functions with ADM and the Partlists

What is ADM?

permanent link
Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | answered May 05 '10, 2:03 a.m.
> Above all what do I make with database files?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how to gain access to the built artifacts from the first build?

> Nowadays functions with ADM and the Partlists

What is ADM?

Today we are sending the object to target system with i-system command sndnetf, on tne target system we do a rcvnetf in lib A and a cpynewf to lib B.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.