It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog Customization

Angelo Corna (26358383) | asked Mar 29 '10, 4:38 p.m.
I've inserted a custom attribute on defect workitem and I've setted this attribute mandatory for defect creation.
How can I insert this attribute on Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog?
My impression is that this editor is the same for all the Work item Categories. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 31 '10, 4:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just an update on what we were finding.

In fact you can customize the lightweight editor as described below for custom attributes. However it appears that the editor is instantiated for the work item picked as default (defect in our case). Changing the work item type does not remove custom fields displayed even if they are not present in that specific work item type category.

I will most likely file an enhancement request unless I find an existing one.

Hi,

i went through it systematically and here is what I found.....

You can duplicate the com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default, customize it and use the new editor in the Edoitor Presentation binding as "Work Item Editor".

You can duplicate the (outermost) tab in com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline, give it some ID, customize it and use it as Inline Work Item Editor and as Plan Editor Previev editor. You can instead of duplicating create your own tab too.

You can duplicate the section "Lightweight Creator" in the com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight tab id "com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight.editor" named "Other Work Item Editor Elements", give it an ID and name and use it as Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog......

I assume this is going to be easier in the future.

Hi,

what you do is to go into Configuration Data>Work Items>Editor Presentations. the you choose the lightweight editor com.ibm.team.lightweight
in the drop down box. You duplicate the section contained Not the whole editor. Give the copy a sensible id and save it. It will show up as choice for the lightweight editor. You can duplicate with a different name. You can add presentations there. After doing that in the Editor Presentation Binding you can chose the new lightweight editor section.

I agree it is sort of confusing. There is a bit of information here:http://jazz.net/library/article/130

I've tried to do this but I cannot understand how RTC manage this presentation. I can see a different presentation only if I change the Task presentation binding.
I'm a little confused ..... where can I find info regarding this argument?

permanent link
Vivek Pandey (1011211) | answered Apr 16 '12, 5:37 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Created the enhancement request.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=206939

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102399) | answered Mar 29 '10, 4:44 p.m.
Hi,
when we update the tasks in progress the only thing of interest for the burn down chart is the time remaining of the tasks in progress.
However I can only find the fields estimate, corrected estimate, time spent. So to give the time remaining, it is neccessary to update the corrected estimate and the time spent to get the figure "time remaining. How can I enter directly the time remaining for a task.

Thanks - Roland

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26358383) | answered Mar 29 '10, 4:55 p.m.
Roland,

sorry but ... I do not understand your response......
Are you following another thread? :D

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 30 '10, 3:20 a.m.
Angelo,

If I am not mistaken you can duplicate the dialogs and create different ones for different types. Once you have duplicated and customized an editor presentation you can change the work items presentation binding to the representation you want.

Ralph

I've inserted a custom attribute on defect workitem and I've setted this attribute mandatory for defect creation.
How can I insert this attribute on Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog?
My impression is that this editor is the same for all the Work item Categories. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26358383) | answered Mar 30 '10, 3:49 a.m.
I've tried to do this but I cannot understand how RTC manage this presentation. I can see a different presentation only if I change the Task presentation binding.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 30 '10, 4:32 a.m.
Hi,

what you do is to go into Configuration Data>Work Items>Editor Presentations. the you choose the lightweight editor com.ibm.team.lightweight
in the drop down box. You duplicate the section contained Not the whole editor. Give the copy a sensible id and save it. It will show up as choice for the lightweight editor. You can duplicate with a different name. You can add presentations there. After doing that in the Editor Presentation Binding you can chose the new lightweight editor section.

I agree it is sort of confusing. There is a bit of information here:http://jazz.net/library/article/130

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 30 '10, 5:03 a.m.
Hi,

You can duplicate the com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default, customize it and use the new editor in the Edoitor Presentation binding as "Work Item Editor".

You can duplicate the (outermost) tab in com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline, give it some ID, customize it and use it as Inline Work Item Editor and as Plan Editor Previev editor. You can instead of duplicating create your own tab too.

You can duplicate the section "Lightweight Creator" in the com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight tab id "com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight.editor" named "Other Work Item Editor Elements", give it an ID and name and use it as Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog......

Hi,

permanent link
Vivek Pandey (1011211) | answered Apr 16 '12, 4:26 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Curious to know, if you have filed any enhancement and got any response from development for the same issue ?

Also , continuing the same discussion, is there any way, I can have more than 2 attributes of the child work-item visible in parent work-item shile using the attribute kind "work-item" and lightweight editor ?

Just an update on what we were finding.

In fact you can customize the lightweight editor as described below for custom attributes. However it appears that the editor is instantiated for the work item picked as default (defect in our case). Changing the work item type does not remove custom fields displayed even if they are not present in that specific work item type category.

I will most likely file an enhancement request unless I find an existing one.

Hi,

Hi,

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 16 '12, 5:22 a.m.
Hi Vivek,

I didn't find the time to. I would have posted the URL here. Please go ahead and create one. Please search if there are work items. I haven't checked and also didn't find time to look if this is addressed with the Beta.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.