It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting Requirements to MS Word

Jason Vonlembke (6) | asked Mar 02 '10, 8:36 a.m.
We have entered around 2800 requirements into RRC, but our client requires that we deliver a hard copy of the requirements document.

I have dragged/dropped the requirements into a document in RRC and exported to Word, but each requirement has "Embedded '<req>'" before the actual requirement in the exported document.

How do you get "Embedded" to not show up in the exported document?

I searched the forums and Help, but couldn't find anything.

6 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 04 '10, 8:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think your best bet would be either ...
1. use find/replace in your Word doc to get rid of the "embedded ..." line/paragraph
2. Use Rational Publishing Engine's document studio to create your own or modify an existing RRC report template that will generate what you want (this requires a RPE license).

Daniel

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Mar 05 '10, 8:49 a.m.
We actually already have a work request to exclude the name above an embed within the editor itself (as a preference setting) and I have added the request that it be extended to Export to Word as well.

permanent link
sandip raikar (1161813) | answered Mar 16 '10, 7:38 a.m.
Hi Daniel,

Can we open the RPE launcher from RRC client itself since RPE document generation is built in feature in RRC. Please can you provide some links/ guidance on how to achieve this.

I would like to use the above approach since I am unable to proceed creating a RPE template to integrate RRC requirements.

Please find my post at : http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32184#32184

Thanks,
Sandip.

I think your best bet would be either ...
1. use find/replace in your Word doc to get rid of the "embedded ..." line/paragraph
2. Use Rational Publishing Engine's document studio to create your own or modify an existing RRC report template that will generate what you want (this requires a RPE license).

Daniel

permanent link
sandip raikar (1161813) | answered Mar 17 '10, 3:48 a.m.
Hi Daniel,

How can we modify an existing RRC Report Template to generate the customized document.

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Sandip.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 30 '10, 8:46 p.m.
Sandip, I offer a pointer in your other thread.

permanent link
Ivan Andrisek (6) | answered Apr 18 '10, 6:34 p.m.
We have entered around 2800 requirements into RRC, but our client requires that we deliver a hard copy of the requirements document.

I have dragged/dropped the requirements into a document in RRC and exported to Word, but each requirement has "Embedded '<req>'" before the actual requirement in the exported document.

How do you get "Embedded" to not show up in the exported document?

I searched the forums and Help, but couldn't find anything.

Hi, I am trying to do the exact same thing for the exact same reason. Any success?

- How do you drag&drop requirements into a document in RRC? could you please explain since I haven't got even that far...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.