It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to solve, License Key Management data with expired - Client Access License Types

Rodrigo Guedes Costa (256) | asked Jun 23 '23, 3:53 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '23, 3:56 p.m.

Hi peoples, The server info section is showing Expired on: June 17th Licenses for Client Access License Types are no longer showing up. This server is a test server, we use other servers like Floating License Server. As attached image before (working) and after (with expired date message). Please, Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Before Before

After
After

Comments
Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Jun 30 '23, 2:31 p.m. | edited Jul 03 '23, 3:52 a.m.

I agree, they are taking the risk of running out of support.

For this reason I need to resolve this issue.
I searched for the error given CRJAZ1236I found this link https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/no-ibm-rational-trial-server-or-client-access-licenses-available-after-upgrading-java-andor -listed-products-clm-605-606-6061-only
The error is similar but the cause is not, because the installed version is 6.0.6 (ifix 006) with this correction.
I'm thinking maybe someone deleted the license files?
Is there that possibility?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03 '23, 3:49 a.m. | edited Jul 03 '23, 3:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is possible to remove the licenses in the admin UI, but I find it very unlikely someone did that. I find it even more unlikely that a user should have removed files to cause this. I would suggest to look into the server log files.  

Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Jul 03 '23, 2:32 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

I found this information in the logs:

The list of floating licenses could not be updated. See nested exception for details.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1267I The list of floating licenses could not be retrieved from "https://alm.tecban.com/jts/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal. license.IFloatingLicenseService/licenses". This server might not be able to communicate with the license server.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseClient.getFloatingLicenseList(FloatingLicenseClient.java:157)

But in the Server Information area, I clicked on edit and did the connection test with the license server and it was successful. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04 '23, 2:50 a.m.

SSL or other network issue? Certification or Java issue. I unfortunately do not know. This is something support would need to collect your logs and other information. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 27 '23, 4:17 a.m.

My 2 €cent: If you install a test system and only provide the evaluation licenses, they expire. Period. You have to provide licenses to the test system, or reinstall the test system. Eventually you need valid licenses that do not expire. As far as I am aware, you are entitled to use licenses with your test servers. You might want to contact support or your IBM sales contacts to figure out how to best go about this within the boundaries of the license contract. Maybe it is possible to provide licenses for the test systems. 

Comments
Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Jun 28 '23, 9:00 a.m.
The licenses were already installed since 2016, I don't know if they turned something off on the server and removed the licenses.

can you tell me what is the name of the license file so I can look for it and if I can't find it, how can I reinstall? 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '23, 10:06 a.m. | edited Jun 28 '23, 10:06 a.m.

Why does the original server say Product: Rational Jazz Team Server and the second image shows Product: Jazz Development? What are we comparing here? 
In addition, The server(s) both connect to the same license server.

It is unclear what the Expires actually means, because this is not for one license, this is the whole server. Check the diagnostics and the logs to get a better idea what is considered to be expired. Maybe consider to contact support.

Since it is totally unclear, what the error actually means, I can't tell you anything. The real licenses do not show on your screenshot. Usually I would expect to see a list of client licenses and individual or all would be expired, your error is different.

Rodrigo Guedes Costa commented Jun 28 '23, 11:24 a.m.
The images are from the same application server.
the first(before) was how the server was before in the previous month.
the second image(after) is how he is now.
My doubt is about what expired is referring to, if we compare it with the previous state of the server, it seems that it is referring to client licenses.
The installed version is no longer supported and the customer does not intend to upgrade.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 29 '23, 3:38 a.m.

I don't know what could have happened, that the server shows so different data. I am not sure what could have caused this. I doubt is is only caused by licenses, but there is no way of telling without a deeper alanlysis of the logs.  

David Honey commented Jun 29 '23, 4:29 a.m.

The fact that the customer is using an unsupported version and is unwilling to upgrade puts themselves in a risky situation. If issues occur, they will have difficulty getting support. Security vulnerabilities will not be fixed. They may be unable to move to later versions of operating system that fix security vulnerabilitis or defects. They may be unable to move to later versions of database. This doesn't sound like a good business decision.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.