It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Fetch Testcases by project area and components

TOMI MOOLAN SOURU (133) | asked Jun 13 '23, 10:32 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '23, 4:07 p.m.

Our project is having more than 100 components. Each component contain millions of test cases. We are planning to do some cleanups by using the url https://host:port/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/project area/testcase . We cannot see testcases by components. How can we filter testcases by project and components? 

Both API shows only one component and testcases. How Can we get other testcases in in same project area under different component? 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jun 14 '23, 7:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 14 '23, 8:12 a.m.

Those are APIs, they are not necessary special solutions for your specific use case. You can also get components.

So instead of always asking for specialized filters that might, or might not exist (as I have no time to figure that out for you), I would suggest you look into your own sequencing of the APIs you use. So you get what you can get and then you use that to look up the missing data or to process the data and drop the data not of interest.

Potentially possible approach: get the components of a project area, for each of the components, get the streams and then the test cases for each stream. 

I do not know the best approach for you, but I have been successful in following such strategies. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.