It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE: "Data Reused from Cache"

Chidambaram L (23414178) | asked Jan 23 '23, 11:39 a.m.

When DNG Object in the Module encounters a link, link is queried with Data Source Configuration & few more queries are processed for each link.

2 Objects in the module has a link.
One Data Source of the link is skipped for the second link. There are no conditions to reach that DS. Message in the %TEMP%\RPE\rpe.log is "Data Reused from Cache".
Why is the DS skipped on the second run.

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 24 '23, 3:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chidambaram,

Pls open an IBM support case for the above, so ELM team can investigate the above. Thanks.

Chidambaram L commented Jan 24 '23, 4:42 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '23, 4:43 a.m.

@fariz

Have identified the reason for skipping of second query. It is not an RPE issue. It is a DNG issue. We are using DNG 70 iFix13. baseline query of DNG Stream does not return consistent schema. 

What does the Message "Data Reused from Cache" in the %TEMP%\RPE\rpe.log mean. I am using RPE Studio 70.

Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 24 '23, 4:52 a.m.
Hi Chidambaram,

As PUB is going to the domain application, DOORS Next, to retrieve data, it checks if it has already received such data from domain application. When this occurs, I would image it writes "Data Reused from Cache" to the rpe.log.

Chidambaram L commented Jan 24 '23, 5:01 a.m.
@fariz
I am using PUB Document Studio now. I am not using the PUB Document Builder, where PUB Server can cache. "Data Reused from Cache" noticed even in the first execution after opening PUB Studio.

Fariz Saracevic commented Feb 22 '23, 2:40 a.m.

Hi Chidambaram,

Regarding your question why it shows "Data reused from cache":
"Data reused from cache" is used for caching while PUB calls for next page in XML or JSON format. This will check if requested URL is cached or not.  Based on this information, it will returns the path to a cached copy of the resource referred by the URL with ConnectionArguments. If the resource was not cached, it is cached before it is returned.

In summary, when ever URL with  resource load from cache it logs message "Data reused from cache" else it will log "Data retrieved in <> ms".

Chidambaram L commented Feb 22 '23, 2:45 a.m.

@fariz, That answers. Thank you.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.