It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About language settings in ELM

Shintarou Yuasa (723) | asked Aug 09 '22, 4:33 a.m.

In order to return the environment that was installed in English + Japanese to an English-only environment, I did an update installation with the installer excluding Japanese. Although it was written in English, only one attribute of the owner remained unassigned in Japanese. Even changing the locale of the browser to English did not solve the problem. If anyone knows how to check or fix this issue, please let me know.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 09 '22, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Form your description, I am unable to tell what is in English and what is in Japanese.

There are also many places where the language gets controlled/exposed. Only some of them can be influenced later. I do not know all details either, but here is what I do to keep my stuff in English:

I install the clients, servers and templates in English only. 
For all Eclipse based clients, I search for the .ini file eclipse.ini, scm.ini, jbe.ini etc. and add a line
-Duser.language=en in the options

For all servers that I start I add a Java option -Duser.language=en e.g. in the server.startup.bat I add
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Duser.language=en

I have English as primary language in the browser(s).

I am currently not totally clear, what happens if you deploy a process template and which language is picked how. When I make sure the above procedure is done before the setup step, I seem to have a clean English  environment, even if I run on a Laptop in Germany with potentially German showing up in the system at times.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Aug 09 '22, 8:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is my experience, i.e. not an authoritative description of what should happen: In my test environments I install ELM with all languages on usually Windows set to US English but with a UK keyboard, and then the user's browser language setting seems to control where text is dynamically displayed in local language. However this doesn't change text which is part of the project definition; this is determined by the user's browser language setting when the project is created and then can't be changed.

So I think what you're seeing is that your project was created in Japanese, and IME that can't be changed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.