It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an Api to get state id of the DNG project

Swathi sheshadri (138) | asked Aug 03 '22, 11:07 a.m.
Hello All,

I am checking on API to restrict access with access control on DNG project for which i require a project item id and project state id . I was able to find project item id is there a way to get state ID?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 04 '22, 2:45 a.m. | edited Aug 04 '22, 2:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are asking complicated questions without providing any information that would help answering them.

What does restrict Access mean? What would you do in the UI?

What API are you looking at? Where did you find documentation? Tool Versions.

The APIs I know that could help with Access control would not need a state ID of the project area. They would only need the project area name (to discover the project area URI) or the URI of the project area to find the handle to the project area. 

Swathi sheshadri commented Aug 04 '22, 5:39 a.m.
 We are implementing a solution to change project properties using a script, while doing so we want to restrict project access to users.
We checked the api call made in the network section when we change access control from members of project hierarchy to Members in access list, there was a POST operation made, which had a payload consisting of itemID and stateID.
itemId=_8fnTMOhTEeaDePPihlwgKw&stateId=_IPc5GRPYEe2myf7vaqVL-g&jsonMembers=%7B%7D&jsonAdmins=%7B%7D&processLocale=en_US&publicVisible=false&memberVisible=false&specificUserVisible=true. we have itemId information which is project UUID but we want stateUUID.

Swathi sheshadri commented Aug 04 '22, 5:39 a.m.

If there are any other ways to restrict user access in the project please let me know

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 04 '22, 6:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 04 '22, 6:14 a.m.

The partially showed POST from the comment to the question is recorded from a browser to server communication. This is almost certainly NOT a supported API call. This is very likely an INTERNAL unsupported API call. 

Some thoughts:

1. The API landing page can be found here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding
The APIs that could help with this are the Jazz Foundation APIs. I have not tried if they allow to set the access control of a project area. (I did a quick peek, but could not find anything)

2. I am pretty sure the EWM Plain Java Client Libraries could be used to set the access control context of a project area. This should work for any application. At least it has worked in the past when I tried, because it is using the Jazz Foundation code. I had never the need to try out.

3. I am not so sure if that is a good idea to try to change the access context. What about users that are already logged in? 

Swathi sheshadri selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.