It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restore workitem from CCM application

Arun Kumar (1129) | asked Jul 06 '22, 3:12 a.m.

Hello,

In CCM, we have deleted work items by mistakely but we would like like restore the workitems and I think the only way to get this is to restore CCM database from the backup which was taken before deletion of workitems.

Do I need to restore all the database like RM,QM,CCM, LQE etc or I need to restore only CCM database.

Regards,
Arun 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 06 '22, 4:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is exactly the case why deletion of work items is by default disabled and can not be done without special permissions etc. 

Once a work item is delete, it is gone for good and there is no way to get it back. I would advise you get back to support and ask your question there. You have to not only consider the database(s), but also the index files. See the backup/restore part of the documentation.

If you only restore the CCM database, you could introduce inconsistencies e.g. dangling Links from other elements to work items that are lost. I do not know what else could go wrong. If you restore everything, you will loose all the work in all the other applications.

Another thing you could try is to restore the JTS and the CCM in an isolated environment and export the work items that where deleted as a CSV file and then import that into the production environment.  You will get new work item ID's however and there might be a lot of trial and error involved until you get all data back. This will most likely require manual work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.