It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get desired Module and add artifacts in it using OSCL + JAVA

Shriram Punde (11) | asked Dec 03 '21, 12:48 a.m.

I am new at OSLC + JAVA framework. Currently I am trying to add some artifacts in particular module. 

So I need to fetch that module and add new artifact in it. 

As a part of POC currently I am able to add base  artifact in some folder by setting that folder path as parent.

Is there any resource available to add artifact in particular module ? 

It will be really helpful if we get some sample code.

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.5k613) | answered Dec 03 '21, 3:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 03 '21, 3:57 a.m.

Hi

I can't help you with the Java, but in outline to add an artifact to a module you first create the core artifact if it doesn't already exist, then using the module API to GET the existing structure and add a reference to the artifact into the structure and update the structure using PUT.

The module API is documented here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGModuleAPI and on pages linked from there.

AFAICT the module structure API is a bit pernickety about headers on the GET/PUT and how configuration is provided:
  • Don't construct the structure URL, get it from the module definition by doing a GET on the module URL using the following settings:
  • Provide header (capitalised exactly like this)
    • DoorsRP-Request-Type: public 2.0
  • Do NOT provide header OSLC-Core-Version
  • Provide the configuration using header vvc.configuration and NOT using header Configuration-Context or query ?oslc_config.context - so it must be a local configuration URL not a global configuration

HTH
Ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.