It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'Command not provided!' error on execution of WCL command in cmd.(EWM 7.0.2)

Debayan De (134) | asked Aug 25 '21, 1:03 a.m.
edited Aug 25 '21, 3:32 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

I am trying to execute the following command through WCL to EWM 7.0.2:
-create /enableDeleteAttachment /rmiClient=//localhost:1199/WorkItemCommandLine  repository="https://jazz702.in.kovair.com:9443/ccm" user="kovair" password="*******" projectArea="QAProject (Change Management)" workItemType="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.defect" modifiedBy="kovair" internalState="forceState:New" category="Portfolio Name (rename)/Solution 2 (rename)" description="" summary="Test20.8Bug1250 Frm Jira" @attachFile_0:add="\QA-HSBC\AllAttachments\JIRA\1D9140BD-90D4-4797-9315-9E6DECFF3FE8\ActiondetailsBZF5.png,ActiondetailsBZF5.png,text/plain,UTF-8"

But each time I am getting the help content printed in the cmd window with the error
Command not provided! $$$$
As you can see the command is there.. Am I missing something?
Any kind of help is appreciated.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 25 '21, 3:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you check if the command works without RMI? 

Debayan De commented Aug 25 '21, 3:39 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '21, 3:40 a.m.

@rschoon Could you please elaborate a bit further? How can I check if the command works without RMI?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 25 '21, 3:44 a.m.

See my answer below. RMI is a special mode that allows to run a WCL server to run and keep logged in. I have not tested it for quite some time and this mode also requires a WCL server to be started. READ the documentation.  https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line

Debayan De commented Aug 25 '21, 3:48 a.m.

Yes, after starting an instance as rmi server using 'wcl /rmiServer=//localhost:1199/WorkItemCommandLine', running this command in a separate cmd window works. 
Any idea why running with the RMI mode is not working?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 25 '21, 4:02 a.m. | edited Aug 25 '21, 4:02 a.m.
  1. When you use the RMI client mode, you HAVE to start an RMI server.
  2. I have not tested this in ages

Anyway, if you start an RMI server and can run as RMI client against that, the problem sat in front of the keyboard the first time around, as RMI mode always requires an RMI server to be started. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 25 '21, 3:42 a.m.

run wcl -create /enableDeleteAttachment repository="https://jazz702.in.kovair.com:9443/ccm" user="kovair" password="***" projectArea="QAProject (Change Management)" workItemType="com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.defect" modifiedBy="kovair" internalState="forceState:New" category="Portfolio Name (rename)/Solution 2 (rename)" description="" summary="Test20.8Bug1250 Frm Jira" @attachFile_0:add="\QA-HSBC\AllAttachments\JIRA\1D9140BD-90D4-4797-9315-9E6DECFF3FE8\ActiondetailsBZF5.png,ActiondetailsBZF5.png,text/plain,UTF-8"

Debayan De selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.