It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I dump my work item files/attachments into a source control folder and link to the filename with a csv import when I transfer the work items from clearquest to RTC?

Logan Torres (177) | asked Mar 31 '21, 11:17 a.m.

I have a bunch of work items with attachments that I am migrating from clearquest to RTC. Can I somehow dump all of the attachments into a folder in RTC's source control, then when I do the CSV import, have a column with the filenames of each attachment related to each work item. Is something like this possible?

I have tried using the clearquest importer but I don't even have the Clearquest records option in the import menu in the 32 bit version so I guess im looking for alternatives.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 01 '21, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you can't use the CQ import, here is your option, which I already mentioned.

1. The built in CSV import does not support importing attachments.
2 I have written https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line which does support export and import of attachments using CSV or uploading attachments in other ways. WCL does not care where the files are and it does not make any sense to have them in source control. Put them into the file system, they are in the DB after upload. For how the CSV file must look like for the attachments to be uploaded, the best option is to do an export and then inspect the format.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.