It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Personal Build Definition properties personalization

toni ionescu (111) | asked Mar 31 '21, 3:45 a.m.
edited Mar 31 '21, 4:17 a.m.
I have a RTC client plugin into my eclipse
The personal build definition has some properties
For example, cc_hostname   that should be filled in with a FQDN every time i run personal build.
Can i customize / presonalize that in order not to edit it?
I could hard-code the value in cc_hostname.   BUT i am not sure if the values are for me only or are affecting the other RTC users that do personal builds.
Can I have an eclipse variable ?
Please answer and provide any good idea.
Thanks

PS:  I find out that there built-in Jazz™ properties can be used with the user build function.
But is it a way to add a new one for my purpose?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 31 '21, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not understand what a personal build definition is. There are build definitions - period. If you talk about a personal build, then that is a selection of a build definition and providing a personal repository workspace to build against.

If you have custom properties in build definitions that are not set to a reasonable default, I do not know a simple way of automatically setting them. Can there be a reasonable default?

If not, It is always possible to extend Eclipse. I am pretty sure, it would be possible to create an action that reads some environment variable and then performs the request build you see in RTC, but that is usually a lot of work and needs to be deployed on every Eclipse client. 

Another option would be a build definition with the value set to the required default for each user. IF you are not too many team members, maybe the build manager could create individual builds and set the defaults.

permanent link
toni ionescu (111) | answered Mar 31 '21, 2:06 p.m.
The Personal Build is just a name. It's just an user build.
But (as I said) i am afraid it is common to all users.
I want to customize for myself to hard code instead of replacing every time the cc_hostname string with some literal
I thought myself to the solution Just clone that build definition and hardcode my literal.
Well... if anyone does the same then you will end up with many build definitions. But it is a solution.
Yes, your last paragraph is the same that i just thought.
Why dont jazz devs create a page in the Preferences > Team > Jazz to set some properties ?!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 01 '21, 4:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.