It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query Jazz from 3rd Party Tool

Jason Freedman (11) | asked Mar 22 '21, 10:15 a.m.

My customer is using both Jazz and Confluence.  They have some informational pages in Confluence they regularly use.  I would like to list some Epics / Stories that are in Jazz on this page (dynamically via a conditional query to Jazz).  I would like to then have those Epics / Stories clickable in Confluence so they are re-directed into Jazz.  What is the best way to query Jazz for these Epics / Stories?  I am not clear as to what REST services Jazz  has available and how to best implement them.  Note that these are both in a secluded enclave on-prem network installation.  Thanks!!!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 22 '21, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have recently worked with a team that needed to retrieve work item information and make it available to another tool/UI. I found that the easiest approach was to use an existing work item query in RTC/EWM and run that using this API: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ResourceOrientedWorkItemAPIv2#Using_Stored_Queries 

The general flow would be to 
  • login
  • find the project areas
  • find the queries for the project area
  • get the query you want
  • run the query
  • get the work item information

You want to use accept headers text/xml. Part of the information you get back is the URI of the work item that you can use to open them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.