It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM 605 RTC CCM Enum are not updated via APIs, how to disable cache.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked Dec 14 '20, 12:00 p.m.

We are trying to create workItems in Jazz programmatically via RTC Java API. Part of this requires getting the "IAttribute" from the Jazz repository, resolve the enumerations for that attribute and use the resolved enumeration literal in creation of the new workitems. The problem we are facing is, while the whole Java application is running, if a new enumeration value is added to the attribute/ edited an already existing enumeration value, the RTC API does not show the latest enum values while resolving. As soon the Java application is restarted, the latest enum values are resolved normally. We are guessing the enum values are resolved through a cache. Is there a way to avoid this? i.e. to resolve enumerations from the Jazz repository everytime, so that we can read the updated enum values without restarting the whole application.

Also, we are logging in and logging out of the Jazz repository before and after saving the workitem through the API.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '20, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think I remember a customer had found something like this and was able to invalidate the cache in the plain java client libraries. I do not know how the solution looks like.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.