It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get attribute value in header/footer in RPE template

Rima Kumari (1717) | asked Apr 15 '20, 2:20 a.m.
Hi All,

I am getting custom attribute value in template but i want  attribute values in Header/footer.
Can you show me how to get attribute values in header/footer?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 15 '20, 2:25 a.m.

You cannot use the attributes directly in Header/Footer. You can assign attribute value to RPE variable and use that variable in Header/Footer.

Rima Kumari selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rima Kumari commented Apr 15 '20, 2:30 a.m.
Thank for your quick response.
Yes, I have assigned variable in edit assignment and then using that variable in Header/footer.
But then also attribute value is not coming in header/footer.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 15 '20, 2:54 a.m.

Should be some issue with assigning value to variable. Can you set default value to the variable and see if that gets printed in header/footer?

Rima Kumari commented Apr 15 '20, 3:36 a.m.

Yes, I have checked with default value also, default value is printing but attribute value is not coming. 

Rima Kumari commented Apr 15 '20, 3:42 a.m.

I have attached Scrrenshot

Rima Kumari commented Apr 15 '20, 3:48 a.m.

Sorry, i am not able to attach screenshot here

Rima Kumari commented Apr 16 '20, 12:19 a.m.
Thank you so much.

Its working fine..

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

3 other answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Apr 15 '20, 11:56 a.m.
Hi Rima,

If the attribute is not showing in the header/footer you need to debug the assignment.

With Prasad's suggestion you have already debugged that the variable is printing in the header OK.

Is the attribute a text attribute?

Assign it to the variable and see if you can just print the variable in a text element.

If it is being assigned inside a an artifact container loop then try just assigning it once at the beginning of the template outside any artifact loop container and see if it is working just for debugging purposes.

Comments
Rima Kumari commented Apr 16 '20, 12:18 a.m.
Thank you so much.
Its working fine..

permanent link
elina john (11) | answered Apr 16 '20, 4:49 a.m.

In the event that at all your computer framework is said to encounter various digital dangers and infection assaults, at that point you should protect the gadgets against them by utilizing a viable kind of hostile to infection programming. This is the place McAfee stands separated from the horde of security programming applications made to give the genuinely necessary wellbeing principles to your computer.

<o:p>   </o:p> Visit website  :-  mcafee.com/activate

permanent link
joy martin (21) | answered Apr 17 '20, 3:18 a.m.

You cannot use schema attributes in master pages. Hence, store the module attribute in a RPE variable at the beginning of the templates. Use the variable in the master page to print in header / footer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.