It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve change-set contained into a baseline

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Nov 11 '09, 3:57 a.m.
Hi,
I was trying to find a method (on server side) to catch all the change-set that belongs to a baseline. I was looking for some kind of get method of IBaseline object but I have not found nothing about it.
Then I've looking on ISCMService but I've find only a method to find out if a change-set belongs to a baseline.

Can someone tell me a method to get this information?
Thanks in advance,
Michele.

3 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 4:56 a.m.
Does anyone know this information?? How is it done in RTC when I explore a baseline??

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 9:51 a.m.
I have tried to use IScmService.activeChangeSet and activeChangeSetByComponent to get all the change-set in order to pass it to IScmService.ChangeSetsInBaseline, but I always obtain an empty array, while I'm having a baseline with a single change-set.

Currently I'm passing SyncTimes set to null. Do I have to change this param? And what can I use on it?

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 12:40 p.m.
It seems that the two methods activeChangeSet referres only to change-set which does not belongs to a baseline...
So I tried a query in order to catch all the change-set in a component using

IChangeSetSearchCriteria csCriteria = IChangeSetSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
csCriteria.setComponent(component);
IChangeSetHandle[] csRetrieved = scmQuery.findChangeSets(csCriteria, IScmQueryService.MAX_PAGE_SIZE, null, null);

but I've got this exception:

Illegal transaction in progress for service method call

This things is driving me quite crazy. I can't immagine that this cannot be easily done. It's the same thing that runs on client on PendingChanges View when a baseline is expanded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.