It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve change-set contained into a baseline

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Nov 11 '09, 3:57 a.m.
Hi,
I was trying to find a method (on server side) to catch all the change-set that belongs to a baseline. I was looking for some kind of get method of IBaseline object but I have not found nothing about it.
Then I've looking on ISCMService but I've find only a method to find out if a change-set belongs to a baseline.

Can someone tell me a method to get this information?
Thanks in advance,
Michele.

3 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 4:56 a.m.
Does anyone know this information?? How is it done in RTC when I explore a baseline??

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 9:51 a.m.
I have tried to use IScmService.activeChangeSet and activeChangeSetByComponent to get all the change-set in order to pass it to IScmService.ChangeSetsInBaseline, but I always obtain an empty array, while I'm having a baseline with a single change-set.

Currently I'm passing SyncTimes set to null. Do I have to change this param? And what can I use on it?

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Nov 19 '09, 12:40 p.m.
It seems that the two methods activeChangeSet referres only to change-set which does not belongs to a baseline...
So I tried a query in order to catch all the change-set in a component using

IChangeSetSearchCriteria csCriteria = IChangeSetSearchCriteria.FACTORY.newInstance();
csCriteria.setComponent(component);
IChangeSetHandle[] csRetrieved = scmQuery.findChangeSets(csCriteria, IScmQueryService.MAX_PAGE_SIZE, null, null);

but I've got this exception:

Illegal transaction in progress for service method call

This things is driving me quite crazy. I can't immagine that this cannot be easily done. It's the same thing that runs on client on PendingChanges View when a baseline is expanded.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.