It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict to Specific Stream in DNG

Abhishek Kumar (1317) | asked Feb 05 '20, 12:33 a.m.
Hi,

I want to restrict the user from printing the PDF and other reportings in a specific stream in DNG.
Is there any solution so that the user may not be able to do the reporting in a particular stream.

2 answers

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Feb 05 '20, 9:30 a.m.
Hi Abhishek,
There is a "Print Report" permission for the DNG project area, but the tool tip suggests it simply restricts options.
Typically if a user can read the data, they can report on the data.  Read access is currently controlled at the project area level, so applies to all components and all streams in that project area.  There are work items for access control  at a component or configuration level, no official plan yet. That said, I think the general assumption of "if you can read it, you can report on it" will still be true. 
Can you elaborate on why you want to restrict the user from generating reports?

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered Feb 07 '20, 12:33 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

This is working as designed .By default, everyone gets assigned the Everyone role i.e. for Administrator, Commentor , Author and the Configuration lead and by default that role allows the Quick print permission.

For Example:
To disable the Print option, you need to also disable it for the Everyone and the respective role for ex: Commentor role. 

1)From RM Project Area-->Manage Project Area

2)Permissions-->Show by Operation

3)Select for Print Reports(Quick Print)-->Disable the permission for Everyone and Commentor role.

4)This will disable only the Create PDF/ Word Document(will be greyed out). But still the Generate report from view option will be enabled,

There is a similar RFE which has been already raised. Kindly go through it and upvote the same.

Hope this helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.