It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration of RQM v2.0.0.1 with Doors v9.2.0.1

kathleen koh (612169) | asked Nov 09 '09, 6:09 a.m.
I have created the required UserID of RQMISVR in RQM as well as RQMISYNC in Doors.

Installed Doors RQMI server followed RQMI Client

When i register Doors Database with admin -a <Hostname> 36677 RQMISYNC RQMISYNC, i received the following error message:

Nov 9, 2009 7:05:23 PM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SEVERE: ERROR: DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc:derby:../../rqmdrsDB;create=fals
e;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Database '../../rqmdrsDB' not found.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.DBManager.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.ExportData.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.admin.Admin.main(Unknown Source)

Any suggestion what could have gone wrong in my steps ?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

14 answers

permanent link
Vinod Varma (2121) | answered Feb 12 '10, 9:04 a.m.
I've fixed this issue and now have DOORS 9.2.0.2 working with RQM 2.0. My error was during the RQM Interface client installation, I had entered the host name of the RQM server rather than the RQMI server. I have these running on different machines. In my defence, I did this because I followed the DOORS Installation Guide manual which has an error in it and specifies that the RQM Server hostname should be entered when in fact it should be the RQMI Server hostname. I can't help but think that a different name for the Interface server could have been thought up to avoid confusion between RQM and RQMI.
Note that the "Installing and Using RQMI" manual is correct and much more informative than the DOORS install guide.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help

I have started RQM before starting RQMI; also, I find that folder 'rqmdrsDB' is created at C:\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.2\RQMInterface\Server.

Wonder what could be the problem?

Regards,

Vinod

permanent link
Mark Perrella (36) | answered Feb 12 '10, 9:22 a.m.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help

I have started RQM before starting RQMI; also, I find that folder 'rqmdrsDB' is created at C:\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.2\RQMInterface\Server.

Wonder what could be the problem?

Regards,

Vinod

Vinod,

During my installation, I think the only other time I saw a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException was when I had a username and password wrong. I can only suggest you check the conf\server.properties file and confirm that the username is set to RQMISVR and the hostname and port are correct. Also, check you have set up the permissions as per kohslk's posting in this forum topic on 4 Dec 2009. I don't know if this is required but it is how I have set up my permissions.

Mark

permanent link
Satria Sudewo (6) | answered Feb 22 '10, 5:12 a.m.
Hi everyone.

I am facing a similar problem. But in my case, I did a fresh installation of DOORS 9.2 + RQMI Interface + RQMI Interface server in a VirtualMachine with Win2003 SP2.

During installation I entered valid credentials for DOORS (I checked afterwards with the DOORS client) and the RQMISVR user for RQM connection, which of course has been created in RQM, too.

When I start the RQMI server I get:
Logging level: 1

18.02.2010 16:50:14 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: RQMI Server v1.01.0004 starting...
18.02.2010 16:50:15 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: Initialising server ...
18.02.2010 16:50:15 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SCHWER: ERROR: Get Exception: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Vorzeitiges Dateiende.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Vorzeitiges Dateiende.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.util.XMLHandler.parseXML(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.parseRQMResourceTitles(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.initialiseNextTestPlanId(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.main(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.initialiseNextTestPlanId(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.main(Unknown Source)

What's causing this error? A missing file? An empty file? It doesn't say in any installation manual, that one or more files have to be created / edited...

When trying to change the DOORS credentials with the "admin.bat", I get:
Logging level: 1

22.02.2010 11:01:48 uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SCHWER: ERROR: DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc:derby:../../rqmdrsDB;create=false;user=admin;password=<encrypted>) Failed to start database '../../rqmdrsDB', see the next exception for details.
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.DBManager.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.data.ExportData.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at uk.co.stpsoft.admin.Admin.main(Unknown Source)

but the rqmdrsDB folder exists. Do both problems have the same root cause?

Please help.

permanent link
lloyd saldanha (6) | answered Mar 08 '10, 5:08 a.m.
I am trying to install RQM on company server. There is IBM clear quest already present on server and only on tomcat installation(tomcat 5.5).

The installation is successful. But when ever i try to start RQM server. Only cmd prompt related to tomcat server startup opens and gets closed automatically. So i cant start RQM server. Can anyone please help me in this issue???

Regards
ss :lol:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.