It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Server API to check user has access to save/modify workitem

Raghu Hanumanthappa (111) | asked Jul 25 '19, 3:00 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '19, 4:51 a.m.

I am writing followup action to save the parent attribute when child workitem is modified.

So, when i save the child workitem if user doenst have access to update attribute and save, it triggers error message on child workitem and it wont allow to save child workitem also.
I want the child workitem to save and give popup message that parent cannot be saved due to permission issue.
Kindly can someone help me whether this is possible?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 25 '19, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 25 '19, 6:16 a.m.
  1. Follow up actions run in the context of the user performing the initial operation. 
  2. You can not override that. 
  3. You can not initiate any pop up window, nor should you even try.
  4.  You can wrap the save call in a try block and fail gracefully and prevent the original operation from happening.
  5. Error messages are displayed in the advisor and the UI - see the extensions workshop.

Comments
Raghu Hanumanthappa commented Jul 25 '19, 12:29 p.m.

Thank you Ralph!

I will display the message in WEB UI

so, its possible to save the child and displaying message while saving the Parent Workitem which user dont have access? 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 26 '19, 3:20 a.m. | edited Jul 26 '19, 3:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you read the answer at all? This seems to be a reoccurring pattern. Is it to ignore the answer and ask the question again in the hope to get another answer?

For all I can tell 

No you won't.
No it is not possible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.