It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OSLC shape pain trying to derive filedAgainst IDs without relying on an existing task

Richard Good (872861) | asked Jun 10 '19, 6:57 a.m.

Hi,

As always with OSLC it seems possible to do what I want but painful and involves getting it wrong tons of time before succeeding.

I am trying to create a map on the fly mapping FiledAgainst categories and Planned For Iterations, such that the user can pass a valid text value into my utility and a work item will be created with the valid resource URLs

I can get the shape from an existing item, and the values by submitting each allowedvalue url, but not in general, 

I suppose I could just query for all items of a particular type a user can see and use the first one to create an URL

Specifically, if I have a work item 851570, I can get its URL like so

And I can get the shape for that particular type of work item from the instance shape resource

<oslc:instanceShaperdf:resource="server/ccm/oslc/shapes/workitems/_-67AYIeoEemaHMKdzCZsUw"/>

I can then get the allowed values from that: -

#sever/ccm/oslc/shapes/workitems/_G_GzMEumEem6Xb4hlAXn7A/property/category/allowedValues

navigating the URL for each value allows me to map the ID to the actual name, convoluted , but doable, but it needs an existing work item id and I want this to work by supplying a project_id, it might be acceptable to hard code if this was for one particular project.

You would think that there would be a way to do this for a particular work item Type or from a draft work item, but neither works for me, hopefully I am missing something.

Any pearls of wisdom from anyone who has done this before welcome ;-)

Many Thanks

Richard

#I DONT WANT TO RELY ON AN ITEM EXISTING!!!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.