It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'file' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.

Jayashri shrinivas (1318) | asked Apr 22 '19, 8:27 a.m.
I am getting below error while using IBM API's in my tool. please help me in resolving this issue

com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'file' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.privateGetLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:194)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.getLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:129)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.getLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:125)

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Apr 25 '19, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See the details in:
You can avoid this by adding the property 'javax.xml.accessExternalSchema = all' in a file called 'jaxp.properties' in the jre 'lib' folder.

Also, just to double check, which version of RTC are you using?

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Sep 11 '19, 6:19 a.m.

Hi David

I get the same error when I am trying to run a build via RTC build engine. Error below. I tried your solution but the same error persists. Any idea how to fix it?

2019-09-11 11:08:27 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "B:\RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Win-6.0.2\jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\ALM_RTC_Coaching.TeamA.ProductOne.DEV" ...

com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'bundleresource' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.

at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.privateGetLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:187)

David Lafreniere commented Sep 11 '19, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It might be related to a similar issue:

It looks like this should be fixed in:
RTC 7.0
RTC 6.0.6.1 iFix003
RTC 6.0.6 iFix010
RTC 6.05 iFix015

If the problem persists, please open a ticket with support.

permanent link
Samantha Chan (11) | answered Aug 05 '20, 1:16 p.m.

I couldn't update the client because of the server.  So I worked around it by adding this to eclipse.ini

-Djavax.xml.accessExternalSchema=all

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.