It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'file' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.

Jayashri shrinivas (111) | asked Apr 22, 8:27 a.m.
I am getting below error while using IBM API's in my tool. please help me in resolving this issue

com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'file' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.privateGetLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:194)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.getLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:129)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.getLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:125)

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.2k7) | answered Apr 25, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See the details in:
You can avoid this by adding the property 'javax.xml.accessExternalSchema = all' in a file called 'jaxp.properties' in the jre 'lib' folder.

Also, just to double check, which version of RTC are you using?

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Sep 11, 6:19 a.m.

Hi David

I get the same error when I am trying to run a build via RTC build engine. Error below. I tried your solution but the same error persists. Any idea how to fix it?

2019-09-11 11:08:27 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "B:\RTC-BuildSystem-Toolkit-Win-6.0.2\jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse\ALM_RTC_Coaching.TeamA.ProductOne.DEV" ...

com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FileSystemException: Error parsing load rule: schema_reference: Failed to read schema document 'LoadRule.xsd', because 'bundleresource' access is not allowed due to restriction set by the accessExternalSchema property.

at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.LoadRuleFactory.privateGetLoadRule(LoadRuleFactory.java:187)

David Lafreniere commented Sep 11, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It might be related to a similar issue:

It looks like this should be fixed in:
RTC 7.0
RTC 6.0.6.1 iFix003
RTC 6.0.6 iFix010
RTC 6.05 iFix015

If the problem persists, please open a ticket with support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.