It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DXL - Creating an Excel file with custom tab names

Christopher Cote (1516) | asked Apr 04 '19, 2:52 p.m.
edited Apr 05 '19, 1:45 a.m. by Fariz Saracevic (904613)

I'm not sure if I am in the correct forum, but I have a question about DXL.  I would like to create an Excel file (.xls) that contains 5 columns of varying widths.  I know how to create a .csv file, but you can't colorize cells nor change the name of a worksheet as you can in an Excel file.  So how do I create a file that can be saved as with a .xls extension and add the data to it. 

Along with this, one of the items I want to save is the Description of the latest baseline.  How would I retrieve the attributes of the latest baseline?

Chris Cote

One answer

permanent link
edna modes (11) | answered Apr 05 '19, 3:51 a.m.

I think you should follow these steps to save as with a .xls extension and add the data to it:

1. Click File > Export > Change File Type.
  2. Under Workbook File Types, double-click Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls).
  3. In the Save As popup window, choose a folder location for the workbook.
  4. In the File name box, type a new file name (or use the one that’s already there).
  5. Click Save.
  6. If the Compatibility Checker appears, review any compatibility issues that were found.
  7. The Find link takes you to that place in your worksheet, and the Help link takes you to information on the issue and possible solutions.
I hope it's useful to you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.