It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE - Publish from Global Configuration - Get QM and RM Configs?

Oana Capatana (23520) | asked Jan 24 '19, 7:31 a.m.

Hello,

I have an RPE template that gets data from QM and DNG using the global configuration context.
I would like to print in the report the global configuration name along with the local configuration names for RQM and DNG.
Is there any way I can do that?
I have tried getting the components in the rest api from the global configuration but it seems the rest data contains references to deleted components and cannot tell which is current.

Thanks!
Oana

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Crossley (1463) | answered Jan 28 '19, 9:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 28 '19, 9:06 a.m.

The configurations that appear in the GC tree are referenced indirectly through the 'contributions' properties of a configuration (the oslc_config:contribution/oslc_config:configuration property). A global configuration can have contributions that are global configurations that have contributions of their own, so to get a full list of local configurations you need to process the contributions properties recursively.

Which API are you using that appears to return deleted data, and in which property do you see that data?

Oana Capatana selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Oana Capatana (23520) | answered Jan 27 '19, 11:50 p.m.

any ideas?

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jan 28 '19, 4:48 a.m.

You should add a schema for configuration and set its URI (ex. https://<server>:9443/gc/configuration/1234). You can then print the attributes by adding RDF/Configuration query.

You can also add coverpage schema https://serverName:port/rm/publish/coverpage?metadata=schema and then print configuration name, description, type, etc.

Comments
Oana Capatana commented Jan 28 '19, 5:16 a.m.

Hello Prasad,

Thanks for your answer.

What you have suggested I have already done, the global configuration title I can get with no issues. What I am asking is if there is any way to get the local configuration titles for QM and DNG. 

Chidambaram L commented Aug 10 '22, 10:11 a.m.

@subprasad,

My custom schema
Custom Schema for GC Contributions

How to read the attribute value rdf:resource= in RPE.

permanent link
Harrison Vince (35115) | answered May 13 '19, 7:09 p.m.

Hi Prasad,

Sorry for opening this up again, but I am after some clarification on the configuration schema (The RDF/Configuration as above).
What is the URL I should be using to add this data source to RPE? Or is it a custom schema? If so, could you upload it for download?
Thank you.

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jul 01 '19, 8:04 a.m.

There is no configuration schema returned (it’s in qm.xsd). However, you can create a custom schema definition and use it in RPE. You can download the xsd file and add it as data source in RPE.

Glyn Costello commented Oct 14 '21, 12:00 p.m.

Hi, 

I'm also looking to add a "Configuration" datasrouce schema to a document template. Any chance you can share this XSD with me?

Harrison Vince commented Oct 14 '21, 5:39 p.m.

Hi Glyn,

I haven't worked on this for a couple of years now, and I cannot remember if I ever found the xsd schema file or if I just used a workaround, but happy to send you my dta and dsx that I used to use to extract this information. I cant seem to attach anything here, is there any way you can send me your email address privately so I can send through?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.