It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Still able to save required attribute - am I missing a configuration setting?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Jan 11 '19, 11:14 a.m.

In our process configuration, I have added the "required attributes for type and state" precondition for the "save work item (server)" operation for "Everyone (default)".

This precondition defines that for each work item type and state, one of our custom attributes is required. I've checked all types and states and the attributes is checked for each of them.

In the work item screen, the attribute is shown with a red asterisk (*) denoting that it is required. Nevertheless, I am able to add new work items and save existing ones without having this attribute filled in.

Am I missing something in the configuration? Do I need to do a second step for this precondition to work? Is it possible that the precondition isn't "active" somehow? If yes, how could I check this?

Any help welcome :-)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 11 '19, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 25 '19, 5:37 a.m.

My experience is, that if uses report issues like that, the fundamental issue usually is a lack of understanding how operational behavior and roles work.  

Please see Process behavior lookup in Rational Team Concert 2.0 which is still true since all that time and check if there is another role on the process area or in the iterations overwriting Everyone.

Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Jan 25 '19, 5:02 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the articles, I was indeed unaware of the process. Very informative.

Turns out the enumeration had no "unassigned literal" defined...

Vicky

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 25 '19, 5:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for the reason. Yes, Enumerations are always set unless they define an unassigned. Boolen are also always set. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.