It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What do I have to do to use selfmade Java-Methods in a RPE-Template deployed in RQM on a WAS?

Christopher Seidel (136) | asked Dec 13 '18, 8:15 a.m.
edited Dec 18 '18, 3:29 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Hello,

Context:
I have the following situation. I have a RPE-Template, in which i use the RQMurlUtility.jar from IBM amongst other things. To use the JAR, I had just to place it inside the "<RPE_HOME>\jre\lib\ext" and it worked fine. In the next step i deployed it into RQM and it also worked fine, when I placed the JAR in "<JTS_HOME>\server\jre\lib\ext". Everything works fine when using the "WebSphere Application Server Liberty" but now comes the problem.

Problem:
I want to deploy the template in a RQM which is running on a WebSphere Application Server (WAS). To just place the JAR-File in the mentioned path doesn't work. So i checked the options in WAS and found out that the JARs must probably be loaded by a class loader of the WAS. I created a Shared Library, made a reference to RQM and
restarted the WAS. When i checked the class loader viewer, the JAR is loaded but not the classes inside the JAR.

First I thought I had to modify the Manifest-File somehow but then i tried to load other JAR-Files which are already loaded by other class loaders and it also didn't work. I wonder what i have to do to use selfmade Java-Methods in a RPE-Template deployed in RQM on a WAS.

Additional Information
RPE and JTS Versions are 6.0.6
WAS Version is 8.5.5.14
Installed Features on WAS:
- IBM 64-bit Websphere SDK for Java
- WebSphere Application Server Full Profile

In advance thanks for your help and time.

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 14 '18, 5:21 a.m.

This should be some issue with WAS. How are you calling the methods - within "JavaScript Code" element through "Command" property?

Christopher Seidel commented Dec 14 '18, 9:30 a.m.

I am calling the Java-Methods directly for example:
var reader = new Packages.com.ivs.hackup.x.Reader(args);

readedContent= reader.read();

I am not executing Main-Classes via commandline calls.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.