It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to rename a file using eclipse client

vinay kumar bondugula (7312771) | asked Nov 21 '18, 5:41 p.m.
edited Nov 22 '18, 7:55 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi All,

I am using Eclipse client for development but I am not working on Java projects. I am trying to rename a file in source control using eclipse client but there is no option on RTC eclipse client to do so. When I try to rename on Sandbox a new file is created loosing the history of the file and in pending changes I see that the file with old name is removed. I am aware that the rename is possible using Visual Studio, Shell and Web, but want to know whether there is an option available in Eclipse too.

Please help.

Thanks,
Vinay

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 22 '18, 2:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The file must be visible in the Eclipse client. To do that, the file must be in an Eclipse project. The project can be any kind, the .project file can be artificially created and ignored in SCM. Does not matter how you do it.

You can load a component as a folder and let RTC create the .project file. You can import a loaded sandbox into Eclipse. 

vinay kumar bondugula selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.