It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC server system monitoring and health check logs and tool

Patchanee Petprayoon (133) | asked Oct 20 '09, 5:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 05 '13, 7:52 a.m. by Daniel Toczala (88211514)
Could anybody point me to the right direction on how to monitor the health of my RTC server. For instance, if for example lets say that the RTC connection is not available is there any log file that I can monitor or look at and help me diagnose the problem?

For example in RQM there is a system health check that you can run and I'm wondering if there is anything similar in RTC that I can monitor or perhaps there are some logs file that I can archive for the over all health of my RTC server, database server, connection and etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 05 '13, 7:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Checking performance can be difficult.  The base thing to do is to set up some "synthetic" user transactions, run them every 5 or 10 minutes, and time how long they take to execute.  The best metric to capture is end user performance, and if you write a small script to just continually check the end user performance, it will give you an idea of the type of performance that you are seeing.

I plan on releasing a whitepaper on this out on my blog later this week.  It is going through a technical review right now.

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Oct 25 '09, 9:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Could anybody point me to the right direction on how to monitor the health of my RTC server. For instance, if for example lets say that the RTC connection is not available is there any log file that I can monitor or look at and help me diagnose the problem?

For example in RQM there is a system health check that you can run and I'm wondering if there is anything similar in RTC that I can monitor or perhaps there are some logs file that I can archive for the over all health of my RTC server, database server, connection and etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is available in the RTC Web Admin area. You can also get some of this information from the RTC Web Dashboard.

permanent link
Bianca Jiang (14124) | answered Feb 04 '13, 5:06 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
More details in server performance health check blog.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.