It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Upload file size limit?

Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | asked Oct 19 '09, 3:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
closed Jun 19 '12, 3:29 a.m.
Hi,

is anybody aware of an upload limit for file size? During an evaluation some people have seen error messages from the RTC server:
"The uploaded file size exceeds the file size allowed: 52428800 Bytes"

Setup is RTC 2.0 on Windows with Tomcat / Derby. I am trying to determine wether this limit is due to using Derby or maybe is a switch in Tomcat. Will it go away when we use DB2 / WAS? Any pointers?

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by abister Jun 19 '12, 3:29 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Torbitz Csesca (7145) | answered Oct 19 '09, 4:02 a.m.
Hi

I'm not an RTC configuration expert, but I've stumbled across the statement below which I've kept for future use:

The default size limit for an attachment is 50MB. This value can be configured in the Admin Web UI.

Maybe soneome from Jazz Team can confirm this statement.

/Torbitz

Hi,

is anybody aware of an upload limit for file size? During an evaluation some people have seen error messages from the RTC server:
"The uploaded file size exceeds the file size allowed: 52428800 Bytes"

Setup is RTC 2.0 on Windows with Tomcat / Derby. I am trying to determine wether this limit is due to using Derby or maybe is a switch in Tomcat. Will it go away when we use DB2 / WAS? Any pointers?
Arne Bister selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 19 '09, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Correct,

If you browse to the Advanced Properties page in the web ui, you can configure the max work item attachment size and the max file content size.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Oct 20 '09, 3:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you browse to the Advanced Properties page in the web ui, you can configure the max work item attachment size and the max file content size.
l

Embarrassingly, I missed this on my first pass through the advanced properties page. Thanks, everybody - really fast and useful replies :D

permanent link
David DOughty (7193) | answered Feb 23 '10, 9:32 a.m.
On a similar subject, are there any size limitations?

Are there any recommendations on what you should and shouldnt be putting under source control?