It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is possible to re index on a failover server while applications are running on the production server.

Michael Alberda (2311447) | asked Oct 02 '18, 5:41 a.m.
Good Day,

Please advise if it is possible to re index on a failover server while applications are running on the production server.

We have one server(372) hosting all applications and another server (373) as a failover. Both servers share indices files in another server (psarat). We want to reindex on 373 but change the teamserver. properties file to local directory(on 373). and then switch over to 373.

The reason for this is because while dcc is running, indices won't get updated. we get error

ERRORS:
CRJZS5761E "triple live" indexing for private applications stopped because an error occurred (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError). The "dcc" server log files might contain more information about the error.

CRJZS5761E "text live" indexing for private applications stopped because an error occurred (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError). The "dcc" server log files might contain more information about the error

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 02 '18, 7:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think the sensible thing would be to contact support.

In general my answer would be no, because failover server would usually access the same DB (which prevents them running in parallel) or a copy of the DB in which case the index does not reflect the prod system. 

I think it would be important for support to look at the issue and suggest a solution. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.