It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mismatch on item id number running JBE as service


Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | asked Oct 09 '09, 5:02 a.m.
Hi, I've find a really strange behaviour trying to run JBE as service.

I've a quite common java compilation ant build file, but I've add a task for check-in and delivery file using scm command line tool.

When I start JBE using .exe in my build log I've this information provided by scm status command:

Spazio di lavoro: (1022) "HB000_CompORDWS" <-> (1023) "HB000_Collaudo"



and the same numbers appears using scm status command directly from prompt.

But when I use JBE launched as a Service (using JSL according to wiki) I have this numeration on my build log:
[exec] Spazio di lavoro: (1014) "HB000_CompORDWS" <-> (1015) "HB000_Collaudo"



So in this case command line and jbe returns different id number for the same object. Any idea on why this could be accours?

And I have another problem on the same situation:
using my local machine everythings seems to run correctly but when I change to a server machine I have some problems to run scm command into ant build.
When I use ant build (with JBE.exe launched, to have the correct numbers) I check-in correctly a file and it returns the change-set id. Then I use this change-id to associate a work-item. But when I tried to delivery I have an error which tells me that the change-set selector does not find any change-set.
But if I go into client I can correctly see my change-set and deliver it. And, also, if I go into the folder which contains my private workspace loaded by the build and I try to manually lanch scm deliver with the same selector it runs correctly.

Can someone help me, please?

9 answers



permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | answered Oct 09 '09, 11:59 a.m.
I also got this error:

ERRORE: <Selector>

but running on my machine "scm deliver 1007" it runs.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | answered Oct 12 '09, 4:03 a.m.
I resolved all these problems return from 2.0.0.1 version back to 2.0.

It seems that they works quite different. Which are the main difference between these versions?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 14 '09, 1:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The selector ids shown by the SCM command-line tool are generated client-side. They're not the actual item ids used to identify items on the server. The SCM tool maintains a sparse map of selector ids to item ids, and this map will likely be different for each user.

Note that when running JBE as a service, it's not running under your regular Windows user account, so you'll likely get different selector ids.

The selector ids are intended to be a convenience for human users, since it's easier to deal with a simple integer than a UUID. For scripts, we recommend using UUIDs. To enable this, specify on the SCM command line: -u y

Regards,
Nick

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 14 '09, 1:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can also use -a n to suppress the regular selector ids (aka aliases).

For example, try:
scm -u y -a n list workspaces -r ...

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | answered Oct 15 '09, 8:49 a.m.
Thank you for this help. It seems to work perfectly with some problems I've had. I did not know that alias was referencing to client and they was not taken from server. Now it makes more sense to my error.

Now it runs with 2.0, and I'm going to test it with 2.0.0.1

Best Regards,
Michele.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | answered Oct 16 '09, 9:16 a.m.
It seems that RTC 2.0.0.1 has a different way to run scm command or to select change-set.

If I use this version I have a different behaviour respect to RTC 2.0: in 2.0 I can use a change-set selector to complete or deliver a change-set from every path inside my workspace. In 2.0.0.1 it seems that a change-set is recognized only if it contains changes from the path on which scm is called or below.

For example if I have Project/src and Project/bin and I have a change-set (we can call 1000) which contains changes only in bin folder, and I call scm standing on src folder, the change-set is not recognized and I got an error.
Is this the correct functioning for the new version?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 18 '09, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe there should be any such change in how the SCM command line works in 2.0.0.1. I suggest filing a work item against the Source Control component with steps showing the difference in behaviour.

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1018) | answered Oct 19 '09, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There have been some changes in the way that we track down change sets, but those changes should not have limited the number of change sets that are found when using a selector.

This should be addressed in https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/92855. I suggest subscribing to that work item and mentioning your problem.

e

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k12110100) | answered Oct 20 '09, 3:09 a.m.
Thank you for the answer, I will follow the work-item.

Best regards,
Michele.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.