It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add a table in RTC project dashboard that will show results of a custom query?

Thiago Martins (111) | asked Feb 08 '18, 4:02 p.m.

I built a query using report builder and added it to a dashboard in RTC. However, the database is not updated when I change a work item. Is there any other way around it? 

The requirement is pretty simple: When I change a work item I need that change to be reflected in the table on the dashboard. I cannot use standard statistics widgets because they do not show multiple columns and do not allow me to aggregate fields (sum, max, min, etc. + group by). 

See attached picture. 

Best regards, 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 08 '18, 5:51 p.m.

The picture if not added to the post, it could be because your points are still too low currently.
If your report build data source is data warehouse, the data will be populated by DCC jobs. Normally dcc jobs will be run once every night. If you check with the table next day, do you see the update properly?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.