It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creation of CLM Staging Failing for QM - Database Quesiton

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Jan 27 '18, 4:18 p.m.

I am trying to create a Staging Server for CLM 6.0.4 so I can test the upgrade to CKM 6.0.5.  Production server exists on multiple servers, but I am limited to one server to create the Staging Server.  So I copied the full JazzTeamServer folder from the JTS folder and started with that as the baseline as the Staging Server.  From there, I went to each JazzTeamServer folder on each of the application servers (CCM, QM, DCC, RELM) and copied over files related to that application to the Staging Server (i.e. ../server/conf/qm, /server/repotools/qm, etc).  Around the same time I had the SQL DBA copy the databases over to test databases.  I updated the Staging Server teamserver.properties files to use the "test" databases.  I then brought the Staging Server up (running WAS 8.5.5.10).  Initial index issues had me go back, stop WAS and run the "repotools reindex" command on each of the applications.  I then restarted WAS and CCM, DCC, RS and JTS all seemed to work.  Problem arose when I went to the project in QM.  I am getting the following error.

Error! 
Unable to find a corresponding action for the specified ID.
Action: com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.showCurrentQuery
Running the default action gives me the following error:
"TypeError: this._view.showCurrentQuery is not a function"
Is this possibly because the "Database Table Space Folder" was not copied over to the test database when the Production database was copied?  I am trying to check with the DBA (who is not responding to my e-mails), or is this because the database and the application are not "synced"?
Here is a snippet of the qm.log file which really doesn't point out a database error.  So not really sure.
2018-01-27 12:57:07,070 [       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0288E The "com.ibm.team.rqm.prereqs.rtc.feature" profile feature could not be installed from the "file:qm/sites/rqm-prereqs-update-site" update site that is referenced in the "E:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_604\server\conf\qm\provision_profiles\rqm-prereqs-profile.ini" profile file.
com.ibm.team.repository.provision.ProvisionException: CRJAZ0281E The "org.eclipse.emf.ecore" dependency bundle cannot be installed.
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:442)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:492)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:492)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFeature(ProvisionService.java:570)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileProperties(ProvisionService.java:1113)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1171)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1312)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1249)
 at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1335)
 at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.install.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:177)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:809)
Diagnostic is not showing any issues for DM.

One answer

permanent link
Christopher Fleischer (7125) | answered Jan 29 '18, 12:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rob,  For detailed instructions on setting up a staging environment you can refer to our Knowledge Center here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_prepare_staging_env.html

I found the following forum post with similar errors that might help:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/221643/rtc-601-ccm-goes-offline-after-plugin-deployment

However, in past experience, you may need to redeploy the war files and clear cache on the application server to get this working. Or instead of copying files from production server, use IM to install on the staging server including the webapps and then copy the necessary files from production and replace them on the staging install.

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.