It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report API's query parameter encoding issue!

praveen hanchinamani (27312) | asked Nov 02 '17, 8:39 a.m.

Hi,

I am using a report API to fetch the "itemId" of the project area "[System Defined] Domains".

The report API looks something like below -

https://<server>/dm/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=projectArea/projectArea[name=%27%5BSystem%20Defined%5D%20Domains%27]/itemId

And the response is - Error 500: CRRED0122E: Illegal syntax in fields argument: Domains'.

By this error i can understand there is an issue with project area name encoding. 

What is the way to encode the report API query parameters?

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen S H

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Nov 02 '17, 8:57 a.m.

I have done some testing. The problem is not the opening square bracket but the closing one.

Marko Tomljenovic commented Nov 02 '17, 9:06 a.m.
And this is the stacktrace: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.exceptions.CommonExecException: Illegal syntax in fields argument: Domains".>com.ibm.rational.dataservices.exceptions.CommonExecException: Illegal syntax in fields argument:  Domains".
at com.ibm.rational.dataservices.framework.impl.xpath.FieldsParameterParser.parseElementList(FieldsParameterParser.java:126)
at com.ibm.rational.dataservices.framework.impl.xpath.FieldsParameterParser.parseElementList(FieldsParameterParser.java:120)
at com.ibm.rational.dataservices.framework.impl.xpath.FieldsParameterParser.parse(FieldsParameterParser.java:33)
at com.ibm.rational.dataservices.framework.impl.ResourceProxyImpl.getFields(ResourceProxyImpl.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.dataservices.framework.impl.ResourceProxyImpl.getData(ResourceProxyImpl.java:151)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.