It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install RTC Extension: Missing requirement

Christine Makasy (731123) | asked Oct 17 '17, 3:46 a.m.

Hello all,

now I was trying  a different example and I want to install it into Eclipse, but I run into the following error: 

Software being installed: RestrictClosingToOwnerFeature 1.0.0.201710161532 (com.ibm.js.team.workitem.extension.advisor.statechange.service.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201710161532)
  Missing requirement: RestrictClosingToOwnerFeature 1.0.0.201710161532 (com.ibm.js.team.workitem.extension.advisor.statechange.service.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201710161532) requires 'com.ibm.team.repository.service 1.3.4000' but it could not be found

But com.ibm.team.repository.service is there:

<requires>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.process.common" version="1.3.4000" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.process.service" version="1.3.4000" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.repository.common" version="1.4.4000" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.repository.service" version="1.3.4000" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.workitem.common" version="3.2.800" match="greaterOrEqual"/>
      <import plugin="com.ibm.team.workitem.service" version="3.1.1600" match="compatible"/>
   </requires>

What do I miss?

Many thanks, Christine

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 17 '17, 3:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, there service you requested is only marked as required in the feature.

It is not necessarily there and, in fact, the library not being available or a version mismatch could well be the reason why the error comes up.  Or any other deployment problem can cause this.

These days, I remove all the versions from the dependencies to be able to deploy on different versions without having to worry. In your case make sure that the versions you need are available.

Christine Makasy selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.