It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SSL Certificate

vishnu kumar (66157) | asked Sep 24 '09, 6:53 a.m.
Hello Team,
I have created a key.kdb using ikeyman tool.ikeyman tool database is associate with a password.I have edited server.xml file accordingly.

keystoreFile="ibm-team-ssl.keystore"
keystorePass="ibm-team"

Still i am getting exception while accessing RTC from Web browser.

How to proceed further.

if someone can give complete procedue that would be great.

Thanking you
Vishnu Kumar

3 answers

permanent link
vishnu kumar (66157) | answered Sep 29 '09, 7:12 a.m.
Hello Team,
I have deployed SSL certificates on some of our RTC servers.I have created self signed certificates on some machines and I have received CA signed certificate for one machine.

After deploying the certificate, we need to add it on web browser or RTC client for once.

According to information given on RTC information center ,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/t_install_server_certificates.html

The ikeyman tool can help you create your own self-signed certificate identifying the host by its proper network name or you can request a certificate signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA). A self-signed certificate will require acceptance by the Team Concert client or web browser.

Installing Certificate on Web browser :

1 ) Reach to RTC login page
2 ) Click on Certificate Error on the address bar >> View Certificate
3 ) Install Certificate.

After installing it once it will never throw certificate exception while connecting to RTC server using this web browser.

With RTC Client :

With RTC client at the time of connecting repository, it will give you an addition option of adding certificate permanently.please select that for getting rid of certificate exception.

Why We need to add certificate once on web browser or RTC Client.

Everytime a new user will be added and they have to add the certificate on their web browser for once.

Can we remove this contraint.

Thanking you
Vishnu Kumar

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | answered Feb 16 '12, 10:09 a.m.
Hello Team,
I have deployed SSL certificates on some of our RTC servers.I have created self signed certificates on some machines and I have received CA signed certificate for one machine.

After deploying the certificate, we need to add it on web browser or RTC client for once.

According to information given on RTC information center ,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.install.doc/topics/t_install_server_certificates.html

The ikeyman tool can help you create your own self-signed certificate identifying the host by its proper network name or you can request a certificate signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA). A self-signed certificate will require acceptance by the Team Concert client or web browser.

Installing Certificate on Web browser :

1 ) Reach to RTC login page
2 ) Click on Certificate Error on the address bar >> View Certificate
3 ) Install Certificate.

After installing it once it will never throw certificate exception while connecting to RTC server using this web browser.

With RTC Client :

With RTC client at the time of connecting repository, it will give you an addition option of adding certificate permanently.please select that for getting rid of certificate exception.

Why We need to add certificate once on web browser or RTC Client.

Everytime a new user will be added and they have to add the certificate on their web browser for once.

Can we remove this contraint.

Thanking you
Vishnu Kumar

Hi,
Is there any suggestion on how to get rid of this message in the eclipse ?

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | answered Mar 01 '12, 1:16 a.m.
Just an update on this.... We didt get any error when we generated a new certificate with the supported jre version in the server. No change was required anywhere else other than updating this certificate info in the keystore of CQ connector

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.